My current work is on designing interactive methods for natural language processing on clinical records. I am working with Dr. Harry Hochheiser from the Department of Biomedical Informatics, along with a group led by Dr. Shyam Visweswaran on an NIH funded project on Development and Evaluation of a Learning Electronic Medical Record System starting Fall ’16.
Previously, I worked in collaboration with the NLP group: Dr. Janyce Wiebe, Dr. Rebecca Hwa and Dr. Wendy Chapman on Interactive Search and Review of Clinical Records with Multilayer semantic annotations.
I hold a Master of Science degree from University of Pittsburgh and an engineering bachelor’s degree in Information Technology from National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal. I worked with Nvidia before joining graduate school. Here’s a link to my LinkedIn and Github profiles, if you’d like to know more.
|30 May ’17
||Our article on NLPReViz has been accepted for publication in the Journal of American Medical Informatics Association. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/jamia/ocx070.|
|10 May ’17
||Presenting NLPReViz at the collaborative scholarship meeting between Pitt and UMich on Learning Health Systems.|
|2 Feb ’17
||Presenting at the ISP Colloquium Series.|
|19 Oct ’16
||Presenting at Science 2016‘s Innovation Showcase.|
|24 Aug ’16
||Level up!: Passed my Comprehensive Exam.|
| 9 Jul ’16
||Invited talk on “Learning from Patient Records” at the Asian American Chamber of Commerce Pittsburgh’s “Big Data Analytics and its Business” conference.|
|2 May ’16
||I am working with Disney Research for the summer.|
|19 Dec ’15
||Level Up!: Received my Master of Science degree.|
|10 Dec ’15
||We won the best student paper award at JURIX’15.|
- Gaurav Trivedi, Phuong Pham, Wendy W Chapman, Rebecca Hwa, Janyce Wiebe, Harry Hochheiser; NLPReViz: an interactive tool for natural language processing on clinical text. Journal of American Medical Informatics Association. 2017. DOI: 10.1093/jamia/ocx070 [Article][Software]
- Jaromír Šavelka, Gaurav Trivedi, and Kevin Ashley. 2015. Applying an Interactive Machine Learning Approach to Statutory Analysis. In Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Legal Knowledge and Information Systems (JURIX ’15). Braga, Portugal. [PDF][Blog] – Awarded the Best Student Paper (Top 0.01%).
- Gaurav Trivedi. 2015. Clinical Text Analysis Using Interactive Natural Language Processing. In Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces Companion (IUI Companion ’15). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 113-116. DOI 10.1145/2732158.2732162 [Presentation][PDF][Blog]
- Gaurav Trivedi, Phuong Pham, Wendy Chapman, Rebecca Hwa, Janyce Wiebe, Harry Hochheiser. 2015. An Interactive Tool for Natural Language Processing on Clinical Text. Presented at 4th Workshop on Visual Text Analytics (IUI TextVis 2015), Atlanta. http://vialab.science.uoit.ca/textvis2015/ [PDF][Blog]
- Gaurav Trivedi, Phuong Pham, Wendy Chapman, Rebecca Hwa, Janyce Wiebe, and Harry Hochheiser. 2015. Bridging the Natural Language Processing Gap: An Interactive Clinical Text Review Tool. Poster presented at the 2015 AMIA Summit on Clinical Research Informatics (CRI 2015). San Francisco. March 2015. [Poster][Abstract][Blog]
- Ranjitha G. Kulkarni, Gaurav Trivedi, Tushar Suresh, Miaomiao Wen, Zeyu Zhang, and Carolyn P. Rose. 2012. Supporting Collaboration in Wikipedia Between Language Communities. Presented at the 4th ACM International Conference on Intercultural Collaboration, Bengaluru, 2012. DOI: 10.1145/2160881.2160890.